"THANK YOU, you guys ROCK!!!! The whole marathon experience is phenomenal for our entire family team! Thank You!"
2014 Registration Open Date
November 1, 2013 6:00am EST
2014 Fee Schedule
$90 + transaction fee (November 1, 2013 - January 15, 2014)
$99 + transaction fee (January 16 2014 - February 28, 2014)
$105 + transaction fee (March 1, 2014 - April 30, 2014)
$115 + transaction fee (May 1, 2013 - close)
Additional $15 fee applies for paper registration. Paper registrations may be mailed or hand-delivered; we do NOT accept applications via fax.
Registration Fee Includes:
● Short-sleeve tech race shirts (women's and unisex sizing). Shirt sizes cannot be swapped at packet pickup.
● Personalized bib (must register by April 21)
● Marathon Timing by ChronoTrack
● Professional photo service by ASI
● Food Tent sponsored by Hannaford in Waterfront Park
● Finisher’s medal
● Professional post-race massage
● Secured gear check
● Pace Teams
● Preferred start corral for qualified Marathoners
● Traffic control for 6 hours
● Post-race showers at the YMCA (4 blocks away)
● Over 1,700 energetic volunteers to support you and cheer you on!
Your processed credit card/canceled check is proof of your confirmed entry. You can also confirm your entry here.
Your entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Runner & Guest Handbook
Download the complete handbook, including course map
The 2014 on-line Handbook anticipated April of 2014
The 2013 handbook can be used as a reference
Marathon Club Competition
New for 2014, KeyBank Vermont City Marathon has created a Club Competition. This program will create an extra level of excitement to an already great race. Our goal for the program is to bring the top club runners from around the country to compete on a fast and scenic course. We also want to increase the level of support and fun for all of you who compete with a running club. We look forward to expanding the program in 2015. Click here for more information on the Club Competition.
RunVermont sponsors an energetic Invited Runners Program for the KeyBank Vermont City Marathon.
Run for Charity
Learn about our “Miles for a Mission” program and raise money for charity.
Registered Runner’s List
2014 list available November 1, 2013
Race Packet Pick-Up
Click here for more information on where to pick up your race packet.
Policies (Deferral, Participation, Transfer)
Your registration for the KeyBank Vermont City Marathon is non-refundable. However, if you have registered but find you are unable to participate you may choose to defer your entry to 2015. Please read the policy details below:
- Deferrals are allowed from the date of registration through April 21, 2014. No deferrals allowed after April 21, 2014; the ONLY exception is for military personnel.
- Entrant may defer for any reason.
- The request for a deferral is final and may not be reversed.
- Deferral is good for one year only.
- Deferrals may not be transferred to another runner.
- Deferrals may be used for entry into the KBVCM Marathon only. Deferrals may not be used for the KBVCM Relay or any other RunVermont-produced event.
- An entrant with a deferral will receive a 40% discount on their 2015 KBVCM registration fee. There is NO REFUND for the 2014 entry fee. Deferral for deployed military personnel will be provided with no additional entry fee for 2015.
- To defer for 2014 registration please click here to log into your ChronoTrack account or create an account using the same email you registered for the marathon with. Once you are in your profile click on the upcoming events tab where you should see what events you are registered for. Click the blue “change race” button next to the 2014 KeyBank Vermont City Marathon & Relay. Follow the steps 1-5 to defer your registration to 2015. You are not deferred until you receive a confirmation email.
- This process will withdraw you completely from the 2014 marathon event. It cannot be reversed.
- You will NOT be automatically entered in the 2015 event.
- When registration opens in November for the 2015 KBVCM you can log back into your account here, click the coupons tab and register with the coupon listed. This coupon is specifically for you and cannot be transferred.
For 2013 marathoners that deferred:
- All 2013 marathoners that deferred received an email from registration in mid-November with a specific coupon code which will be needed for the 2014 marathon registration. Please email email@example.com if you did not receive an email.
- This code will give the entrant a 40% discount on the current marathon price at time of registration, this code cannot be used if the event is sold out.
- All runners must stay on the designated race course.
- Participants must finish within 6 hours and keep to a sub 13:45 minute pace per mile.
- Bikes, rollerblades, strollers, dogs and skateboards are not allowed on the course.
- Headphones are not prohibited, but are strongly discouraged.
- The marathon is sanctioned and certified by USATF (Course certification #VT11006RF).
Bandit/Bib Transfer Policy
- RunVermont events are organized under and conducted according to USATF and RRCA rules.
- Anyone who participates in an event produced by RunVermont must be properly registered and must have paid any required registration fees prior to the start of the race.
- Entrants in RunVermont events will be given a race bib for scoring purposes and to aid course officials in identifying legitimate participants during the event.
- Bibs may not be transferred from a registered participant to any other person. A registered runner who provides their bib to another runner will also be treated as an unregistered runner and subject to the sanctions described here.
- For KBVCM Relay Participants only, the transfer of relay team ownership is permissible, as long as the transfer is conducted in the manner prescribed on the official KBVCM website.
- Individuals who participate in any RunVermont event without registering will be removed from the race.
- RunVermont reserves the right to bar unregistered participants from future RunVermont events.
- Unregistered individuals participating in RunVermont events may also be subject to additional sanctions from USATF and/or RRCA.
- Additional sanctions may be taken including prosecution for theft of services.